Founded in 1922
James & Marie Brant acquired Harrison & Sons Meat Shop located at 125 S. Main St. in Lucas, KS, in 1922, renaming it "Brant's Meat Market."
Keeping with tradition, George's son Douglas returned to Lucas to work with him, purchasing the business with his wife Linda in 1988.
James Brant ran a full service butchery shop, but became known for his recipes from Czechoslovakia, which included Jaternice, Ring Bologna, and Sausage.
Doug continued to own and run
Brant's Meat Market for 30 years, with his daughter Stephanie returning to work alongside him in 2014.
Growing up in the store, their sons Frank and George Brant learned to make the popular recipes and continued the family business.
A New Era
When the business closed permanently in early 2018, Adam & Ashley Comeau purchased it from the Brants, reopening in the summer of 2018.