Brant's Market | Since 1922

Founded in 1922

James & Marie Brant acquired Harrison & Sons Meat Shop located at 125 S. Main St. in Lucas, KS, in 1922, renaming it "Brant's Meat Market."

Brant's Market | Since 1922

Third Generation

Keeping with tradition, George's son Douglas returned to Lucas to work with him, purchasing the business with his wife Linda in 1988.

Brant's Market | Since 1922

First Generation

James Brant ran a full service butchery shop, but became known for his recipes from Czechoslovakia, which included Jaternice, Ring Bologna, and Sausage.

Brant's Market | Since 1922

Fourth Generation

Doug continued to own and run
Brant's Meat Market for 30 years, with his daughter Stephanie returning to work alongside him in 2014.

Brant's Market | Since 1922

Second Generation

Growing up in the store, their sons Frank and George Brant learned to make the popular recipes and continued the family business.

Brant's Market | Since 1922

A New Era

When the business closed permanently in early 2018, Adam & Ashley Comeau purchased it from the Brants, reopening in the summer of 2018.

Brant's Market

125 S. Main St., P.O. Box 132, Lucas, KS

121 W. Mill St., Plainville, KS   

info@brantsmarket.com